Connecting to Quicken
As Red River completes its system conversion, you will need to modify your Quicken settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. Please reference the dates next to each task as this information is time sensitive.
To complete these instructions, you will need your User ID and Password for each Financial Institution.
You should perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your online banking connectivity may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
Thank you for making these important changes!
Must complete all 4 tasks to connect to Quicken
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Backing Up Your Data and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest Quicken Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > Search. Search for Update Software and follow the instructions.
Task 2: Connect to Red River
- Download your Quicken Web Connect file from https://www.rrcu.com/.
- Click File > File Import > Web Connect File. Locate and select the Web Connect file to import.
- Repeat this step for each account (such as checking, savings, credit cards, and brokerage) that you use for online banking or investing.
- If new transactions were received from your connection, accept all new transactions into the appropriate registers.
If you need assistance matching transctions, choose Help menu > Quicken Help.
Search for Matching Transactions and follow the instructions
Task 3: Disconnect Accounts at Red River
- Choose Tools menu > Account List.
- Click the Edit button of the account you want to deactivate.
- In the Account Details dialog, click on the Online Services tab.
- Click Deactivate. Follow the prompts to confirm the deactivation.
- Click on the General tab.
- Remove the financial institution name and account number. Click OK to close the window.
- Repeat steps for each account to be disconnected.
Task 4: Reconnect Accounts to Red River
1. Download your Quicken Web Connect file from https://www.rrcu.com/.
Take note of the date you last had a successful connection in your Quicken account. If you have overlapping dates in the Web Connect download, you may end up with duplicate transactions. Search for Matching Transactions and Follow the Instructions
2. Click File > File Import > Web Connect File. Locate and select the Web Connect file to import.
3. Import Downloaded Transactions window opens: Select Link to an existing account and choose the matching account in the drop-down menu. Associate the imported transactions to the correct account listed in Quicken.
Do NOT select Create a new account unless you intend to add a new account to Quicken. If you are presented with accounts you do not want to track in this data file, select Ignore – Don’t Download into Quicken or click the Cancel button.
4. Repeat steps for each account to be reconnected.