Become a Member
Discover the Credit Union Difference!
Unlike a bank, Red River Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative dedicated to our members. We offer a full suite of financial services from savings and checking accounts to loans and credit cards, all of which are combined with exceptional service to our members. When you become a member of Red River Credit Union, you are also an owner!
You are eligible to join Red River Credit Union if you meet ANY of the following criteria:
- Persons who live, worship, work (or regularly conduct business in), or attend school in, and businesses and other legal entities located in Lamar, Delta, Hunt, Hopkins, Franklin, Camp, Marion, Harrison, Red River, Titus, Morris, Cass or Bowie Counties, Texas; or Columbia, Union, Hot Spring, Clark, Pike, Howard, Sevier, Little River, Hempstead, Nevada, Lafayette, or Miller Counties, Arkansas; or Caddo or Bossier Parishes, Louisiana, a rural district.
- You are a relative of a current member - a relative is defined as a spouse, child, sister, brother, grandparent, grandchild, step-relative, and adopted child.
Texas Counties: Bowie, Camp, Cass, Delta, Franklin, Harrison, Hopkins, Hunt, Lamar, Marion, Morris, Red River, and Titus
Arkansas Counties: Clark, Columbia, Union, Hempstead, Hot Spring, Howard, Lafayette, Little River, Miller, Nevada, Pike, and Sevier
Mississippi Counties: Quitman, Panola, Tallahatchie, Coahoma, Bolivar County (between East/West lines running six miles south of Mound Bayou and two miles south of Shelby)
Louisiana: Caddo and Bossier Parish
*Residents of Madison Parish are eligible. Residents of the City of Grambling are eligible (within a 10 mile radius of the Grambling, LA Post Office except the area which lies within corporate limits of the City of Ruston)
The Benefits of Joining RRCU
- All of our checking accounts have low or no minimum balances to maintain accounts.
- Red River Credit Union offers better rates of return on savings accounts and share certificates that are 2-5x higher than the average savings account rate.*
- Becoming a member means that you have access to loans with lower APR than most banks.
- Profits made at a credit union are paid back to you in the form of dividends, instead of being paid to shareholders.
- Deposited funds insured up to $250,000 by the US Government.
- Decisions are made by members not by investors.
*Comparison based on the bank national average savings rate as of 2018-05-01 sourced from National Association of Credit Unions in cooperation with SNL Financial and Datatrac Corp.