Summer 2021 RRCU Chronicle
3-2-1 Rewards Promotion
3-2-1 Rewards Card Promotion
Our RRCU Visa® Platinum Rewards credit card is offering more Rewards Points for grocery and gas purchases until July 31, 2022. That's a year's worth of more Points for everyday purchases. All you need to do is use your RRCU Rewards card when purchasing gas for 2x the Points, on groceries for 3x the Points, and all other purchases earn 1 Point, for every dollar charged. Then, cash in your Rewards Points for special merchandise, statement credits, or cash back through Online/Mobile Banking access or Rewards website.
If you don't have a RRCU Rewards card, click here for details and to apply*.
For new and existing Rewards cardholders. 3-2-1 Rewards Special valid from June 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022. Excludes Business Card Accounts. Cards issued by Red River Employees Credit Union pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. ©2020 Visa. All Rights Reserved.
*With approved credit.
RRCU Express Central
Introducing our newest department, RRCU Express Central. Our Express Central staff have decades of advanced product and service experience. Our Express Tellers are excited about this new [to us] technology and are working to ensure members have the best ITM experience possible.
Last quarter, RRCU began adding ITMs to select locations. Two ITMs are in the University Branch drive-thru and one is temporarily located in the Summerhill Branch lobby.
In the months to come, RRCU plans to add more ITMs to our fleet at the following locations:
- 3712 Lakeshore Dr., Shreveport, LA (Full Branch)
- 303 Central Mall, Texarkana, TX (Mall Kiosk)
- 726 Desoto Ave, Clarksdale, MS (Clarksdale Express Branch)
- Panola Plaza, Batesville, MS (Stand Alone)
We invite you to stop by one of our ITM locations and experience the credit union difference in a whole new way.
Coming Soon To Texarkana (TX) Central Mall
Red River Credit Union will soon introduce an RRCU Express ITMs (Interactive Teller Machines) in Central Mall, Texarkana, TX. Through both video and audio, Express Tellers will assist members with traditional banking transactions, provide information and much more! The ITM will also function as an ATM, with additional transactional features.
The Central Mall kiosk will be closed during the construction phase starting July 11th; with plans to re-open as Central Mall Express, July 22nd. New hours of operation will be 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Monday-Saturday and most holidays.
A Better Way to Protect Your Cards
All Red River Credit Union Visa® Platinum, Visa® Platinum Rewards cards, and Visa® Debit cards (including business accounts) come with special features to help keep your card transactions safe. Be sure to take advantage of these great features:
Along with these fantastically free services, be sure to log in to your online/mobile access to check activity regularly.
2020-2021 Student Tellers & Student Scholarships
Red River Credit Union is proud to partner with TISD, LEISD, and TASD. Through this partnership, each high school has its own student credit union, and we provide two students with jobs as student tellers. We also provide financial literacy in the classrooms throughout the school year. The program impacts students who are eager to learn and gain knowledge about finances, credit, and budgeting early on. This year's student tellers are pictured above (L to R) Salena Williams – LE, Malia Wyse – LE, Olivia Arndt – Texas High, and Alyssa Wacasey – Texas High.
We also provide a $1500 scholarship annually to one senior from each partnering high school. The 2021 scholarship recipients chosen by our scholarship committee are:
- Peyton Sims – Texas High, Daughter of Hollie and Jack Sims, will be attending University of Texas at Austin to study journalism
- Kaylee Doss – Liberty Eylau, Daughter of Scott and Deanna Doss, will be attending Texarkana College to study nursing
- Darby Sawyer – Arkansas High (photo and details not available)
Thank you to all seniors who took the time to complete an application and essay.
We are excited about the recognition and support our Atlanta Branch in Cass County (TX). The branch and our credit union were honored with the following Atlanta Citizens Journal Readers' Choice awards.
- Red River FCU/Winner for Best Credit Union
- Red River FCU/Winner for Friendliest Bank/Credit Union
- Red River FCU/Winner for Best Place to Get A Loan
- Red River FCU/Runner-Up for Best Bank
- Kay Partee, Branch Manager, won Runner-Up for Best Loan Officer & Best Bank/Credit Union Teller
Thank you for voting for us!
Charitable Donation Opportunities
RRCU is proud to support local charities and organizations. RRCU employees and branches collect items throughout the year to donate.
- In June, diapers and wipes were collected for local children’s agencies.
- In July, bottled water will be collected for local shelters.
- In August, branches will “Stuff the Bus” collecting monetary donations and school supplies for local school districts.
- In September, employees will have collection boxes for canned goods to support local shelters, as they ramp up for the holidays.
We hope you will join us in supporting those in need throughout our service area.
Recap of Annual Business Meeting
Red River Employees Credit Union’s held its 78th Annual Meeting on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 6:00 p.m., in the lobby of our Summerhill Road Office located at 4405 Summerhill Road Texarkana, TX.
The election of Board of Directors' seats available were filled by acclamation since there were no nominations submitted by petition. In accordance with the credit union bylaws, the following individuals will serve three-year terms: Andrea Chewning, Steve Conner, and Fred Milton.
The 2020 Annual Report can be viewed and printed here.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, management, and staff, please accept our appreciation for your membership, as we pledge to continue this level of service to you and your families.
Odds and Ends
Don't Miss Out!
Please check your account information for a phone number, address, email, and other contact information, so you don't miss out on important updates and notifications. Services include RRCU Fraud Alert Notifications by text and e-mail.
Tip – Consider naming a Payable on Death (POD) beneficiary on all your accounts. This simple step could keep your account out of probate court and prevent uncertainty in the future.
Branch Hours Updates
New Boston Road Branch (2106 New Boston Rd., Texarkana, TX): Monday - Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
Find us on Facebook and more
Branch Holiday Closings
- Independence Day (Observed on July 5th) all full-service branch lobbies and drive-thru lanes will be closed. Express branches at 402 Walton Dr, 4401 Texas Blvd, and Central Mall kiosk in Texarkana, TX, are scheduled to be open.
- Labor Day (September 6th) all full-service branch lobbies and drive-thru lanes will be closed. Express branches in Texarkana, TX, are scheduled to be open.
Notice: RRCU will begin observing the new Juneteenth Holiday in 2022.
RRCU Mission Statement
Red River Employees Credit Union is committed to be the premier financial partner for our members and their communities. We provide quality products and services with knowledgeable and friendly staff for all generations.
We are here for you in all stages of life.